Thursday, October 8, 2020

Puzzle

Deep down inside my heart 
There is a puzzle you can't even start. 
It is bitter and cold to the touch. 
Years of heartbreak feel like too much. 
I don't let you in, won't let you try, 
Instead of sharing my feelings, 
I'd rather die. 
If you happen to get inside, 
You better hold on tight cuz you're in for a ride. 
Look too close and you will find 
That I am controlled not by my heart but instead my mind. 
My heart is weak but my mind is strong, 
I have struggled with love for far too long. 
I have the words and have the feeling 
But every time heartbreak leaves me reeling. 
Karma's a bitch but a bitch I need. 
I hope you learn something as you read. My mind is driving 
Yet still my heart is thriving. 
Instead of a pit, a lump of coal 
Inside my heart is mostly whole. 
The puzzle is love and she has the key, 
I am just waiting for her to be known to me. 
Don't give up, you can never fail. 
In the end true love will prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment