Thursday, October 8, 2020

Don't Need You

You take away my power
My will to fight.
The light turns into darkness
Day into night.
I'm losing myself
Never feeling whole.
You eat away
Consuming my soul.
You are the light
The light I crave.
Without you here
I must be brave.
I don't need you now.
I didn't need you then.
I am now a man
Trying the best I can.
I will move on.
I will rise up.
I don't need you
I want to breakup.
My mind is clear
My intentions pure.
My heart is free
Of that I'm sure.
You were my pal
You were my friend.
Now that you're gone
Help I'll lend.
I'll take my life
And what I've learned
To teach all those
Who yearn for what I yearned.
You are my drug
Forever there
But I don't need you.
Feel free to stare.
I am me
And I am strong.
Without you,
I'll live long.
My life is full
Finally complete.
With my friends and family
You cannot compete.

No comments:

Post a Comment