Thursday, October 8, 2020

Inception?

Gonna have to bear with me on this one. It is rare that I actually remember a dream and this was... odd at best.

It started with me on a trip to Europe with a group of friends, of whom I recognized one, my college roommate. The only thing we did was go to breakfast, over and over and over. One day me and another guy were late to breakfast and it appeared as if we committed a grave faux pas. The waitress throws the menus and our flatware on the table in a big heap. I go to grab it and realize there is a mess of flatware, some of which I don't even know what it is. I finally decide to grab a fork, spoon and knife. As I am picking them up the European waitress snaps at me, in English mind you, and tells me she will bring it to me. I go to my table with my group of stranger friends and find my breakfast sitting there ready to be eaten. The same breakfast we had every time there, pancakes. Then I realize I can't find my wallet, money or any form of identification. At first I am worried but then I decide to fashion a passport out of a notebook and when I am done it looks like an exact replica. Next thing I know I am sitting in my house and there is snow on the ground and I catch a big black object fly by in the corner of my eye. I look out the living room window and see a pickup with a trailer full or 4wheelers or snowmobiles carom off the hill into the guard rail and speed off down the road. Then I begin to hear big booms and realize that there are explosions happening everywhere. I go upstairs where I find myself and a group of other people being held hostage by a crazy guy. I ask one of the people in our group if the man is armed and she said he is pretending he is not armed but he has a gun. This is in my house mind you. I go into my room and open a drawer and begin the process of picking out a knife to kill the man with. After I choose the proper knife I walk out of my room into the hospital, where the hell did a hospital come from? Well we start distracting the guy by the women in my group taking a bunch of xrays of my knee, apparently they are all nurses. After this I am walking down the hallway with the guy and I pull out the knife and stab him in the throat. This isn't good enough so I keep stabbing until I plunge the knife into his head and start moving it around in his brain. Then to be sure he is dead I stab him in the throat and attempt to sever his spinal cord but the knife isn't long enough. The next thing I know we are outside of the courthouse and the trial is over (I believe it was the dead guy on trial.) Only now he isn't a dead guy, he is a young teen but a brutal serial killer. Among the people waiting with me for valet service are his first victims, twins that look like the Weasley twins from Harry Potter but creepier. They both survived but the killer blinded one and made the other deaf. The valet is taking too long and one of the brothers goes to get their car even though we are all yelling for him to come back. He is gone for a long time and we are all worried that the killer has him again. Next thing I know myself and the twins are in a warehouse and they are thanking me for taking the killer out. Then I realize that there are two realities, in one I killed the killer before a woman released her book and saved the twins from publicity so they could live normal lives. In the other reality I was too late and I killed the killer after the book was released and the twins suffered a ton of publicity and scrutiny and I wasn't sure but I was thinking I was going to have to kill them too. Then I am in town and I flag down a taxi which ends up being a tuk tuk from Thailand. Its raining horribly and I tell him to bring me to my friend Emily's apartment. As we pull up I don't recognize the building but I go inside anyway. It turns out to be dorms and I hear a girl saying that the taxi was just bringing me and then describes me as a Korean even though I am as white as they get. I pick up a super light chair and start walking towards Emily's door. That's where I woke up and the astonishment began.

At some point in my dream I realize that the world is falling apart and people are scrambling for food, supplies and weapons. I'm not sure if we were being invaded or what but it was all rather scary yet it didn't play a huge part in the overall dream. I wish I could blame this dream on pain killers or something I ate but I think this was all me and my messed up brain. In the end I wish I could dream like this every night and if I do I wish I could remember them all. This was a very entertaining, albeit disturbing, experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment